Monday, December 25, 2017

If I Could Change Anything, What Would It Be? by A.M.Westerling

I have to honestly say - nothing. I wouldn't change a thing in my life. The challenges I've faced and the decisions I've made over the years have shaped who I am and I'm happy with the face that stares back at me in the mirror every morning. Crows feet, wrinkles, odd ball freckles and all. I would add grey hair but ahem, my hair dresser takes care of that. *wink*

Some of the decisions I've made? In university I opted to take engineering rather than music. I'd played piano for years and even taught but in the end I decided I didn't want to be a piano teacher the rest of my life. Luckily enough, I had the marks and the aptitude to become a chemical engineer, along the way acquiring my husband, also an engineer. After working a number of years, we decided to open our own engineering firm and although my husband wanted me to keep working for the company I was with at the time (something about a steady income and paying bills) I insisted on joining him. Initially we had some scary times financially as we had our boys  at the same time (maybe planning wasn't our forte) but over the years we became so successful that a larger firm bought us. We joke quite often how we went from two jobs no kids, to two kids, no jobs. :)

Anyway, it allowed me to retire at an early age and that's when I became serious about writing. Not just any writing, but historical romance because after all, who doesn't love a Happily Ever After? Especially because I feel as if I'm living a romance novel with my own Happily Ever After!

My day of the month to post on the Canadian Historical Brides Blog is the 25th and of course today is Christmas Day. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year! May the joy and wonder of this season stay with you throughout the upcoming year and may all your dreams come true. 






Speaking of historical romance, Barkerville Beginnings is available at your favorite online retailer: https://books2read.com/u/bQB6Mv or order print copies at your local book store.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the post. Merry Christmas to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! All the best to you and yours in 2018. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete