Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome to Ontario! by Nancy M Bell

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! This is my first post for the Books We Love Canadian Historical Brides Blog. My story is set in Ontario, starting in the Renfrew area near Arnprior and Ottawa and then moving to SPrucedale which is near Georgian Bay and the tourist town of Huntsville. Interesting side tidbit here, Hunstville is the home town of Bobby Orr of Boston Bruin fame. His brother has a sports store in town. But I digress. I live in Alberta now, but I grew up in Ontario and spent my summers in the Kawartha Lakes district. My mother was born in a log cabin near Doe Lake which is just outside Sprucedale. This story is very roughly based on my maternal grandparent's story and takes place during World War 1. I will share more on the story later but first let me show how beautiful this part of Ontario is. The pictures below were taken near the Maple Syrup House which is just north of Burk's Falls and south of Sundridge, Ontario. It is mixed bush with many maples and pines. Moose, bear, deer and many other animals call it home.
These are from a lovely trail through the bush where I encountered a moose but didn't manage to get a picture.
Since it's New Year's Day I'm not going to keep you any longer. Wishing you a happy and prosperous new year and hope to see you here often. Oh, almost forgot, the title of my novel is His Brother's Bride and it is scheduled to release the end of February 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment